Monday, July 08, 2013

Summer Sno-Cone Wreath

Nothing says "Welcome to our home!" like a ratty, faded spring wreath hanging on the front door in the middle of summer. To remedy this situation I finally got around to making a new summer wreath over the weekend. Hopefully my neighbors take note that I'm back on the ball and ready for the rest of the summer.


I started with an old grapevine wreath and used wire to attach burlap ribbon all around. I don't have pictures of this process, but wherever you see a fold in the burlap, that's where I wired it to the back of the wreath. (Also, why does burlap smell like gasoline?)  


I then spray painted styrafoam balls and while they were drying I poked two holes in each cup and fed wire through. This is how I attached them to the wreath. 

I could have hot glued each sno-cone directly to the wreath, but I wanted to keep the decorations removable so I can use the wreath for other seasons. My idea is to keep the burlap wreath for a "blank canvas" and switch out decorations for each season.

Hot glue the balls into the cups and allow the glue to drip around the edges to look like it's melting. When the glue is dry paint the drips with the matching sno-cone color.




The wreath needed something more so I safety pinned felt flowers to the burlap. 


Voila! A quick summer wreath that can be disassembled in minutes when I want to change it for the next season. 

Enjoy!


Sharing with:

6 Responses to “Summer Sno-Cone Wreath”

  1. Anonymous8:17 AM

    Sis it's so cute!! Love it. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a FUN idea for a wreath! Who doesn't love a snowcone?? Very creative for a summer wreath - and good planning for a blank canvas wreath idea as well. Well done! Catherine (new follower)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute!!! I have a neighbor who has had a St. Patty's Day clover on her front door since 2011...maybe 2010. Seriously. I have these crazy fantasies about running over one night, taking it and replacing it with something cute. =) Her front door is a light green, so I can only imagine she isn't looking at this as a holiday decor, but a matching ensemble or something. Eek! Anyway, LOVE this cute idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you ever get a snow cone maker??? Vance and Vaughnie would love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous5:41 PM

    Such a cute idea. Thanks for sharing! Please stop by our Brag About It Tuesday Party!

    ~~ Thanks Sharon & Denise

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous9:55 PM

    So cute, creative, and perfect for summer! Adorable wreath!

    Navy Wifey Peters @ Submarine Sunday Link Party

    ReplyDelete

 

Copyright © Charisa Darling | Premade Blog Design by Lilipop Designs