Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Ke$ha's is love, Vanilla Ice's is rhyme, & mine is apparently spinach.

If spinach were a drug then you can say I've been on a week-long bender and yesterday I finally OD'd. 

It wasn't pretty.

Justin was the one who brought up the idea of making a spinach salad last weekend. It was my mom who gave me the recipe. I haven't eaten this salad since I was a kid and I guess I had been missing it because I couldn't get enough of it. 

Good thing our recycling bin has a lid so that it hides all the empty spinach containers. I can still show my face around town.

The crazy thing is I don't really like spinach. It's the dressing that makes this salad so dangerous. 

Prepare at your own risk: Danger Salad, aka Spinach Salad. 

What you need:

Hard boiled eggs
Baby spinach (Oh, geez! They're just baaaabies!)

For the dressing:

2/3 cup sugar
1 chopped onion (I only use a half of one)
1 tsp. pepper 
1 tsp. salt
3 tsp. yellow mustard
1 tsp. celery seed (I didn't add this. Fresh out.)
1 cup veggie oil
1/3 cup vinegar (I used a combo of white wine, red wine, and apple cider. Use whatever vinegars you like.)

Throw the dressing ingredients into a blender. Blend until smooth. 

Crumble eggs on top of spinach, pour on the crack dressing and you're ready to go.


Word has it that my mom and my sister made this for dinner last night. Here's hoping they're stronger than I am. 

4 Responses to “Ke$ha's is love, Vanilla Ice's is rhyme, & mine is apparently spinach.”

  1. For an even yummier dressing, fry out some bacon and use the bacon fat as part of the vege oil...totally delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So nice to hear from you! I'm sure Justin would love the bacon version. I can't look at anything leafy right now, but as soon as I'm able to stomach more spinach I'll give it a go. Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. has your colon recovered yet?

    going to try this tonight. i have 8lbs of spinach in my fridge. yep. 8lbs. one that i bought saturday and forgot about. picked up the GIANT one at costco monday and then monday night received another big one from the coop. yikes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm back baby! Let me know what you thought!

    ReplyDelete

 

Copyright © Charisa Darling | Premade Blog Design by Lilipop Designs