Thursday, January 29, 2009

Ribollita, or Tuscan Soup

This whole running thing is taking off. I'm excited that some of you guys are willing to give it a go. I don't think I'll be ready for a race in March (thanks for thinking of us, Stef!), but maybe in April. Charity and Mark are trying to get Justin and I to do it with them, 5K for the girls, half marathon for the guys. We'll see. Tasha, I hurt too. Glad I'm not the only one. Sarah, I didn't know you had that kind of endurance! 3 miles - that's impressive! Way to go!

On to food!

While looking on the Runners World website, I came across this recipe. It sounded good, so I gave it a try. I got worried half way through, but everything came together and we enjoyed it. Will definitely make it again. It's called Ribollita, but let's just call it Tuscan soup.



The recipe calls for 3 pieces of day old bread. Next time, I don't think I'll add it. I didn't have day old bread, so I just toasted slices of an Italian bread. I ended up adding more chicken broth than what was called for and it was still really thick. It's also one of those soups that tastes even better on the second day, so making it ahead is an added bonus.

5 Responses to “Ribollita, or Tuscan Soup”

  1. Looks really yummy. I would love to do a run. I think I need to have definite goals, so I can have more motivation. It would be a lot more fun to do a run with a group of people. Keep me posted. Another great website that have lots of race information is http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soup looks great-will have to try it. Nice updating....need to get rolling again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:39 AM

    running is for fat people.

    the mayor

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9:40 AM

    I emailed w/ Justin today, I think I'm in, we'll see how the training goes, hopefully we'll be able to do the half marathon

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous12:29 PM

    Mayor - you need to start training for the 4/19 marathon. Sign up for a 5K. You've got to be ready for swimsuit season at your infamous pool. It's almost as famous as the Hard Rock Hotel in LV's pool...

    ReplyDelete

 

Copyright © Charisa Darling | Premade Blog Design by Lilipop Designs