Friday, March 04, 2011

Make this: Antipasto Bake


I goofed. I thought this past Tuesday was Fat Tuesday so I made this for dinner. Guess I can make it again next week!

Yes, the pictures aren't the best, but this stuff is good. Not good for your diet, but good for your taste buds.

Here's the basics:

1. That's one can of crescent rolls, rolled out and smooshed together. You're supposed to use a 9x13, but I used a smaller dish. Bake this at 350 for about 6 minutes.

2. I used different lunch meats than what the recipe called for. (Called for turkey, ham, salami, and pepperoni) I put a layer of provolone cheese, then a layer of turkey, then a layer of salami, then cut pieces of roasted red peppers (dry them on a paper towel first so they don't make the crust soggy), then a layer of mozzarella. Next time I'll add more cheese and possibly a layer of pesto or spicy mustard. Beat 3 eggs with 5 tbsp. parmesan cheese and pour 3/4 of it on top.

3. Cover everything up with another can of crescent rolls and pour the remaining egg mixture on top.

4. Bake uncovered at 375 for 15 minutes, then cover for the last 20 minutes or so. Let it cool for at least 10-15 minutes so that it stays together when you cut it.

There's so many different recipes for this out there. Here's one that I loosely followed. (I used the tips from the second reviewer, so take a look at that if you do make this.)

Justin and I loved it. We normally don't eat meat and cheese sandwiched between crescent rolls, so that could be a reason why we thought it was so good. It was a nice change from our usual healthy menu. The kids didn't eat much of it because they're weirdos. I think this would be good with phyllo dough too.

I'm in a hurry - Have a great weekend!


One Response to “Make this: Antipasto Bake”

 

Copyright © Charisa Darling | Premade Blog Design by Lilipop Designs