Sunday, July 14, 2013

DIY Monogram Towel: West Elm Hack



I first saw these monogrammed towels in West Elm and immediately loved how modern and bold they were. I ordered some for Christmas gifts last year but never got one for myself. Time to change that!   


I saw this striped towel at World Market and knew it would be perfect for this West Elm Hack. Here goes!


I used my computer to make a template. After finding my font I dropped in a shadow and tried out different sizes.


When happy with everything I printed it out on paper. I traced the print out onto freezer paper then used an Exacto knife to cut it out. 


I drew in where I wanted the shadows to go then carefully cut them out.


Iron the paper (shiny side down) onto onto the towel...


and then paint. I used Tulip's soft fabric paint. 


Peel the paper off and let it dry. 

A quick modern monogrammed towel!


Enjoy!














Tuesday






Tip Junkie handmade projects


Wednesday








21 Responses to “DIY Monogram Towel: West Elm Hack ”

  1. Wow, I love this. I'm so inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job! I like your towel's colors better than the original. Could you tell me which font you ended up using? Thanks for the idea!
    Lyndsay @ The Happy Chateau

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! Brilliant idea! Pinning! I'm thinking this would be a fab gift! Would love it if you would link this up to Give Me The Goods Monday: 1 Party, 4 Blogs! http://rainonatinroof.com/2013/07/give-me-the-goods-monday-17/

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! It came out great! Does the towel wash well in the washing machine?

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks great, love how bold and fun it is. Thanks for the freezer paper tip!
    Sarah
    Creative Ramblings

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm stopping by from Give Me The Goods Monday. I really LOVE how this towel turned out! It looks fantastic! Would you mind to link this up to my blog hop? This is the perfect project for our frugal theme! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this Sis! Let's make some when I'm there!!!!!!!! I actually bought some paint earlier this summer ;) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Monograms on everything! I am glad you finally got your own!
    I would love for you to join my paint party on Thursday.
    startathome.blogspot.com

    Brooke
    start at home

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this. I'm thinking I will place my order with you :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous5:51 AM

    When I come and visit and you find your towel missing...I didn't take it.
    Aunt Dee

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE this idea! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks everyone!

    Lisa - it washes surprisingly well! I've only washed this once and came out fine, but have used the same paint for kids t-shirts and it's been great. I think a towel may get more wear and tear and over time may start to look a little worn but it was a fairly inexpensive and quick project that can be done again.

    Karen - any time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's darling! I'm head over heels for anything monogramed.
    Thank you so much for Linking Up at Brag About It with BeBetsy and VMG206 this week. We are so happy to have you join us!
    ~ Megin of VMG206
    Did you know I have another Link Party each week? Open NOW (Sat thru Fri) @ DIY Showcase Link Party

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great job! I have used this stencil method many times! Great job on yours!

    I hope you join us for our link up this week, it closes tomorrow so hurry on over!

    http://www.sowderingabout.com/2013/07/on-display-monday-10.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is a great idea! I love the finished product!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I loved this project! I’m Featuring YOU on VMG206 ~ Brag About It Tuesday's Linky Party from last week! We go live Monday at Midnight. So please stop by and grab a Feature Button and Link Up something new.
    I have also pinned your project to VMG206’s Brag About It Features Pinterest Board. I can't wait to see what you've been working on this week!
    ~ Megin of VMG206

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wonderful project! These homemade projects would make great gifts -- thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my gosh this is so dang cute!! Great tutorial! Come link up your post at my party Centerpiece Wednesday http://thestylesisters.blogspot.com/2013/07/centerpiece-wednesday-85-and-wrap-up.html
    Karin

    ReplyDelete
  19. Anonymous6:16 PM

    I love this! I personally like yours better than West Elm! I am so trying this. Thanks for sharing this over at Tell Me Tuesday and you are featured this week! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I highlighted this post tonight on my blog :) for centerpiece Wednesday,
    Karin

    ReplyDelete
  21. Anonymous8:19 AM

    Really cute idea. It turned out nice. Is the letter soft or did the paint make the fabric hard?

    ReplyDelete

 

Copyright © Charisa Darling | Premade Blog Design by Lilipop Designs