Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Mermaid Bulletin Board (without the push pins!)

In an effort to finally finish the kids rooms I have been slowly tackling the little projects. Vaughn wanted a bulletin board for her room and I was hesitant to provide a 4 year old with push pins so here's what I came up with. 

First, this was my bulletin board as a kid and has been cluttering the basement for years. I spray painted the boarder blue and covered it with fabric. ('Covered' being a fancy word for 'cramming the edges of the fabric in with a butter knife and using a few flat pushpins to really hold it up'.) The fabric I was really looking for was a bold print with clean lines but I came across these lovely ladies and I couldn't resist. Vaughn still loves mermaids so I figured I can always change it when she gets older and tires of undersea princesses. 


I then tied bakers twine to clear pushpins and strung 3 lines across the board.  


I found pink glittered clothes pins at a craft store and simply clipped them to the twine. Now she can hang anything she wants and I don't have to worry about stepping on a rogue pushpin. 


Vaughn loves being able to hang up her drawings in her room and I love that she's not asking to tape them to the kitchen walls anymore. A win win! 

Happy Wednesday everyone! Have a great day! 




One Response to “Mermaid Bulletin Board (without the push pins!)”

 

Copyright © Charisa Darling | Premade Blog Design by Lilipop Designs