Wednesday, April 04, 2012

You've Got It, You've Got It Bad

(Title sung to Usher's You've Got It. Thanks, Ush.)


As in poison ivy. Justin and I both have got it bad. Bad. BAD. No wait, BAD!!! That's more like it. If I had a choice between of poison ivy or being 9 months pregnant for 2 weeks, I'd choose pregnancy. Hands down. 


We both were started on steroids yesterday. Justin on a z-pack, me on prednisone because mine seems more severe. (That last sentence was just to taunt Justin - he's competitive with everything.) Both of us are equally miserable.


And the black dots on my arms that I thought were spider bites? Not spider bites at all. I couldn't keep from Googling them and learned that they are a sign of a rare form of poison ivy called Black-Oil poison ivy. Both doctors that we saw yesterday hadn't heard of it, but the pictures from the medical journals that I saw are exactly what mine look like. 


Awesome. I'm an overachiever when it comes to getting poison ivy. 

Right as we started ripping the Devil Bushes out on Sunday I said, "I should be wearing my old tennis shoes." I should have went and changed from my good running shoes then. I could have thrown the old ones away and now I have to figure out how to wash my shoes to get the possible poison ivy oil off of them without hurting them.  


Hope everyone is having a better day! 















3 Responses to “You've Got It, You've Got It Bad”

  1. Oh gosh, that is HORRIBLE! Hope it goes away quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhh noooooooooo! i feel sooooo bad for you guys! sending healing prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys! Appreciate the good vibes!

    ReplyDelete

 

Copyright © Charisa Darling | Premade Blog Design by Lilipop Designs