Sunday, March 04, 2012

Lorax Moustache Straws


I'm kicking myself that I didn't think of this idea for last week's Seuss-a-palooza. 

Alas, better late than never. Here you go: 

 The Lorax inspired Moustache Straws.

Step 1: Draw your moustache. Feel free to enlarge mine and trace. I used foam.

Step 2: Outline it with a black marker. This is were the 'stache really comes to life. 


Step 3: Cut it out. I used an Exacto knife, but scissors will work too. 


Step 4: Tape it to a straw. I used Scotch tape. 


4 easy steps is all it takes! Enjoy! 


I'm linking up to these parties this week. Check them out! 

(Apologies for the messiness - I'm working on organizing these links!)























Becolorful














Sumo's Sweet Stuff





















The DIY Show Off
Todays Creative BlogTip Junkie handmade projects












Tidy Mom








Photobucket










Photobucket















Wayward Weekend


Oopsey Daisy

Fun Stuff Fridays











It's a Blog Party

apinchofjoy.com
Photobucket KitchenFun

11 comments:

Our Pinteresting Family said...

What a cute idea! I found your blog through the link party at Homemaker on a Dime. :) I'm your newest follower. Megan

Charisa said...

Thanks so much for following along! Glad you like the straws - I think they're so much fun!

Just Jaime said...

Looks spot on! Great job with the outlining!

I am LOVD said...

So adorable, it makes me want to have a Lorax Party this weekend!

Becolorful said...

totally fun. Seuss fans everywhere will be sporting them. :D Thanks for sharing on BeColorful
pam

Justine said...

Stopping by from Wow Me Wednesday! http://queenofsavings.com

andie jaye said...

these are so fun! i can't wait until i can go see the movie! thanks for linking up to tip-toe thru tuesday!

Jill @ KitchenFunWithMy3Sons.com said...

Love this! Just posted our Kitchen Fun and Crafty Friday link party...would LOVE for you to share this! http://kitchenfunwithmy3sons.blogspot.com/2012/03/kitchen-fun-and-crafty-friday-link_08.html

Heather @ Raising Memories Blog said...

ahh! Ridiculously cute & great timing with the movie coming out! I'd love for you to share this at Sharing Time if you're interested! http://www.raisingmemories.com/search/label/sharing%20time
Have a great weekend!
~Heather

JENNY K. said...

Visiting from TT&J. These are really cute and look sweet and simple to make. Thanks for sharing!

Charisa said...

Hey, thanks everyone! I love simple projects like these. I shared some with the kids in the neighborhood and they loved them too!